K-1 for Fiancées of U.S. Citizens

K-1 Visas for Fiancé(e)s of U.S. Citizens : The K-1 fiancé(e) visa is the most effective way for U.S. citizens to bring their fiancé(e)s to the United States. Only U.S. citizens may sponsor their fiancé(e)s for a K-1 visa. Permanent residents cannot sponsor their fiancé(e)s for a K-1 visa. 

The K-1 visa allows the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to travel to the United States to marry his or her U.S. citizen fiancé(e) and then apply for permanent residency based on marriage to the U.S. citizen.

To qualify for a K-1 visa, a person must

Applying for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

Children of K-1 Visa Applicants: Unmarried children under twenty-one years of age of K-1 visa applicants are eligible to apply for a K-2 visa, which will allow them to accompany their parents to the United States. 

The content of this article is provided for informational purposes only. If you need help with an Immigration question please call us at 214 432 2499 or email your query at info@seemamehtalawfirm.com